An independent selection advisory committee (ISAC) aligns the business requirements of agencies with a tailored selection exercise. The ISAC then assures and reinforces the integrity of that outcome with staff.
Agencies use ISACs, for a range of benefits, including:
- having merit-based recruitment solutions that are streamlined, cost-effective and timely
- maintaining good workplace relations through transparent, independent, impartial selection processes
- delivering cost-savings for agencies by staff placements not subject to promotion reviews
- relying on flexible process that accommodates multiple selection methodologies
- creating merit pools of preferred candidates ranked by relative suitability
- enabling agencies to make staff placements for similar job vacancies over a 12 month period
- gaining expert knowledge in best practice staff selection.