Dealing with misunderstandings promptly means issues can't fester to influence future perceptions of individual and management actions.
Early intervention helps:
- build trust
- close the gap between 'what we say' and 'what we do'
- de-escalate conflicts
- reduce direct and indirect costs—including legal costs and absenteeism
- minimise negative impacts on individual and team performance
- positive employee engagement
- openness to a range of options
- understand rights and responsibilities
- accountability for actions.