You can apply for an active review if:
- you are an ongoing APS employee
- you applied for an APS 1-6 level (or at an equivalent level) job
- the successful candidate is being promoted to the same job vacancy in the same location(s) that you applied for
- the promotion does not result from an independent selection advisory committee's recommendation
- the promotion does not result from a promotion review committee decision.
Note: the only ground for review is 'merit' so you need to be able to demonstrate you have strong claims to the promotion.