To be successful in the review, you need to demonstrate that you have stronger claims to the job than the person promoted to the position.
This means stronger skills and other work-related qualities.
The Commissioner's Directions identify work-related qualities as:
- skills and abilities
- qualifications, training and competencies
- standard of work performance
- capacity to produce outcomes by effective performance at the level required
- relevant personal qualities, such as honesty and integrity
- potential for further development
- ability to contribute to team performance.