The main steps in a review are:
- You request a review by completing the application form
- If a valid application is received, a promotion review committee is established
- The agency is notified and they provide this office with:
You will be contacted and asked to provide a statement for the committee's considerationThe committee will consider all the relevant information and make a decision; they make seek additional information.
- relevant information from the selection process,
- an agency nominee to be a member of the committee and
- contact details for all parties to the review
For example, further reports from referees and may conduct interviews OR they may decide the matter on the papers only.
The committee has discretion in the way the review is conducted (Division 5.2, Regulations).