Examples of behaviours that are not bullying and harassment include:
- expressing differences of opinion in a respectful and courteous way
- providing constructive and courteous feedback, counselling or advice about work-related behaviour and performance
- carrying out legitimate or reasonable management decisions or actions, in a reasonable way and with respect and courtesy, for example:
- transferring an employee
- allocating work to an employee
- setting reasonable goals, standards and deadlines
- not selecting an employee for promotion
- warning an employee about the consequences of unsatisfactory performance.
- complaining about a manager's or other employee's conduct, if the complaint is made in a proper and reasonable way.